.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dropped Frames

These won't be the point-the-camera-at-your-face-and-rant type of blogs. They will be short films that I've made or clips from longer ones, some experimental stuff and maybe even some converted super8 stuff if I can get it transfered (talk about archive, some of this stuff is 39 years old!).

Monday, August 22, 2005

Mordisquitos!



Click here to see the video

Here's the finished version of the movie I was the the DP of in NYC. This is the finished version (I posted an animation clip from it earlier)

This is a promotional film for the publishing services company that I work for. It will be shown to potential customers to show them what we can do. We shot this over a ten day period in June, with another very short piece shot in Mexico this month. It's seven and a half minutes long; kind of long for a videoblog, but I'm very happy with it so I wanted to share it.

It was written by Steve Zimmerman and Gerard Damiano, directed and edited by Gerard Damiano. Animation is by Ruth Schwartz. Photography Jack Nelson, Art Direction Mark Goodkin,lighting Chris Dixon, sound Steve Kashuck, sound engineering by Ken Takeuchi.

Starring:
PDQ boardroom: Joel Farrel, Michael Cyril Creighton, Liz Forst, Susan Horowitz, Damion Dacosta, Leslie Cloninger

Everyworker: Steve Cuttler

As Herself: Belen Cookinham

The jefes: June Schwartz, Liz Villela, Steve Zimmerman

Booklinks staff: Angie Castro, Janeth Patarroyo, Steven Vasquez, Tassiana Larouchelle, Alejandra Gritsipis, Marty Fluger, Sean Riley, Elena Lee, Mark Shoffner, Humberto Schettino, Zeke Zimmerman

Quality Control: Jennifer Novak, Noah Zimmerman

Booklinks Mexico Office: Jack Nelson, Mariachi Azteca

"Mordisquitos!": Lyrics by Belen Cookinham, music by Matt Kaplowitz

"By Now": written and performed by Steve Cuttler

This is a video iPod friendly file.

4 Comments:

At 11:45 PM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jack!
I just saw it. For me that I have nothing to do with the publishig world, found it veru funny and amusing. I think it works really well. Wish you and BookLinks the best!
The song is awesome!!!!!

 
At 9:10 PM CDT, Blogger Jack said...

Thanks Juan. We're real happy with it too. Yeah the song is great.

 
At 1:14 PM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being Extremely bored, I googled myself and found this posting. I hadn't seen this until just now, and I think it looks fantastic! And is quite funny.

Best,
Michael Cyril Creighton
(PDQ Executive)

 
At 1:59 PM CDT, Blogger Jack said...

Michael,

Glad you liked the film. I think it turned out great.

Jack

 

Post a Comment

<< Home