.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dropped Frames

These won't be the point-the-camera-at-your-face-and-rant type of blogs. They will be short films that I've made or clips from longer ones, some experimental stuff and maybe even some converted super8 stuff if I can get it transfered (talk about archive, some of this stuff is 39 years old!).

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Guadalupe Rockets Redux


Watch the video
Back in January I posted a short video of the amazing rockets (cuetes) shot off during the Guadalupe fiesta (http://blip.tv/file/8548). Here's a video shot by my friend Bruce Ferguson of the same celebration. If you look closely about 19 seconds into the video, just slightly above center you can see me kneeking down, with my eye glued to the viewfinder, getting a closeup view of the rocket launches. The thumbnail for this video has a red circle superimposed so that you can see me. Bruce got a nice overall long shot of the celebration, but I was following the advice of war photographer Robert Capa: "If your pictures aren`t good enough, you aren't close enough." (http://www.time.com/time/europe/magazine/article/0,13005,901020708-267730,00.html)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home