.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dropped Frames

These won't be the point-the-camera-at-your-face-and-rant type of blogs. They will be short films that I've made or clips from longer ones, some experimental stuff and maybe even some converted super8 stuff if I can get it transfered (talk about archive, some of this stuff is 39 years old!).

Monday, September 12, 2005

Sleepless Night

Well, I slept on a mattress on the floor of my office last night with a lead pipe ready at my side. Still pissed about the robbery. I have someone coming today to see what can be done to make the office more secure, but until then I'll be sleeping here.

I basically thought of two approaches last night. One was to leave on a light or two, maybe even leave some music playing so that any potential thieves will know that I'm here and not try to enter. The other was to turn off all of the lights and keep quiet, and let them enter. Then I'd "surprise" them with the lead pipe. After thinking it over I left the lights off and kept quiet. I obviously haven't gotten to the "acceptance" step yet.

It was a little frightening. I have a small fridge in the office and it makes this sort of death rattle every time it cycles on. It scared the shit out of me at least a half dozen times last night. I woke up for every car that went by, and there were at least two times during the night that I heard mysterious noises. Nothing happened, but being alone at night after having my property violated makes me a bit jumpy.

I have almost no video on my computer and no way to get the video I have on tape digitized. I might try to borrow a camera just to digitize some old footage so that I can get video up again. I'm already trying to figure out what kind of camera I'm going to get as a replacement.

4 Comments:

At 11:07 PM CDT, Blogger kitykity said...

*hugs the poor cameraless soul*... this really, really sucks.

Of course, I'm going to tell you to get an M1. ;)

Is there no insurance--no hope of getting the stuff back?

 
At 11:16 PM CDT, Blogger Jack said...

An M1 is so... impersonal. I prefer the immediancy of a good heavy pipe.

No insurance, no return. It's OK (he sniffs) I'll be alright.

I've spent most of my time looking online for the next camera. So that's kinds fun. So many choices

 
At 1:47 PM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful as your own security guard. At least have a security camera rolling in case the thiefs coma back again. Now THAT would make an AWESOME video. Afterwards the police arriving and capturing the guy!!!

 
At 1:56 PM CDT, Blogger Jack said...

Yeah, well the second night I loeft the lights blazing and music on, hoping to keep them away. Last night I paid another guy to stay there (I needed a good night's sleep. The security system (bars over the windows and patio) will be done today and I can sleep.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home